Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sawyer, Obama, Kentucky & the NCAA

President Obama sat down for an interview with ABC News' Dianne Sawyer on Tuesday to discuss the U.S. military involvement in Libya.

Toward the end the interview, Diane Sawyer noted that "it's going to be a rough ride ahead" in Libya, to which Obama responded, "I think on Libya, we've gotten it right. That doesn't make it easy. It just means that we've made the right decision for that moment. It means that on situations like Egypt -- you know, we've got to continually follow through and not take our 'eye off the ball'..."

Diane Sawyer followed up with the following question: "Just a final question. How much do you think Kentucky will win by (in the NCAA basketball tournament)?" [Sawyer was born in Kentucky.]

Obama laughed and said: "You know, a lot of folks focused on the fact that I filled out my bracket [On the ESPN sports network, while the world was engulfed in crisis]. Obviously, I hadn't been spending that much time studying it since I don't have anybody in the Final Four."

Ironically, Sawyer's [NCAA] basketball question came right after Obama had stated that, "on situations like Egypt... we've got to continually follow through and not take our 'eye off the ball'..." Which inevitably reminded me of a video I posted about two weeks ago:



[Incidentally, you might have noticed that the Obama/NCAA footage, in the video above, is not from 2011. I extracted the footage from a source who mistakenly posted the 2009 or 2010 ESPN video, instead of this year's video.]

No comments: