Thursday, June 5, 2008

"Change We Can Believe in"?

At a press conference several weeks ago, Barack Obama strongly condemned inflammatory comments made by his pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

"I am outraged by the comments that were made and saddened over the spectacle that we saw yesterday...," he said. "The person I saw yesterday was not the person that I met 20 years ago."

On Wednesday, just hours after his former pal, Tony Rezko was convicted of fraud, money laundering and bribery, Obama said, "I am saddened by todays verdict. This isn't the Tony Rezko I knew...."

Rev. Wright is not the same person he met 20 years ago, and Tony Rezko is not the same person he once knew.

The two have suddenly changed from Dr. Jekylls into Mr. Hydes?

Is this the kind of "change" Barack Obama wants us to believe in?